[IP] re: fear of DKA

Hey everyone,
  I have one little question that is weighing on my
mind as I decide whether or not to joint he world of
pumpers. Many of you have told me about your fear of
DKA because apparently you can become detatched from
the pump and not realize it, and because there is no
long acting insulin DKA can occur rapidly. Is coming
detatched a common thing? Pardon my neivity, but how
can you not notice it? Doesn't it feel diferent?
   Sorry if this is a really lame question but I am
just trying to find all of this information out before
I start on the pump.

Thanks, Sarah in Manitoba(21 years old:IDDM for 8 yrs)

Do You Yahoo!?