[IP] The Power of Choice

I wanted to say that I have been reading this board for several months.
First to research my "choices" on which pump to purchase, and now to get tips
and tricks of the trade.  I have to say a few things.

I am really glad that so many of you are researching all three of the pumps
before deciding which is best for you.  I did my research and decided that
the Animas best fit my needs.  My local Animas rep has helped me through this
whole process and has enabled me to have a little bit of stability with my
sugar levels. Animas has loaned me a demo pump to wear for a month because my
insurance company, UNITED HEALTHCARE has refused to cover this "new" pump.  I
will be switching my insurance as soon as open season hits because of this
factor.  What kind of insurance company denies a patient something that can
prevent the complications of this horrible disease?  Animas has gone through
the same trials that the other companies have and has obtained FDA approval.
Animas has offered a very competitive price (even less than the others) to
get this through the insurance company.  After much research on this
situation, I have come to a conclusion I find VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

When I was deciding on which pump I needed I contacted all three pump
companies.  Both Animas and Disetronic were telling me my options and letting
me decide.  Minimed has been nothing but hard pressure sales and lies about
their competitors.  When they found out I was looking into getting the Animas
pump they did something to actually delay my process.  A MINIMED pump was
almost shipped to me and billed to my insurance without my approval.  I have
heard several others mention this as well.  I feel that I was taken advantage
of by MINIMED so they would not lose a sale.  I wish they would have accepted
that fact that I did my research and I had made my choice based on which pump
is best for me. Had it not been for Animas' generosity and kindness, I still
would not have a pump because of their tactics. We are the ones that have to
wear these pumps, shouldn't we, along with our diabetes team, be the one to
make the choice?  I cannot say which pump is right for anyone but myself, but
I at least like to know that I am offered a choice and with my case, MINIMED
tried to take that away from me.  I am glad the rest of you have had better
luck.  AGAIN, THIS IS MY OWN OPINION AND I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE LOOKING AT
GETTING A PUMP TO LOOK AT ALL OF THEIR OPTIONS AND MAKE THE CHOICE THAT IS
RIGHT FOR THEM.