Re: [IP] Trading Up

* On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:06:18 -0600
* Bonnie Richardson <email @ redacted> wrote
>I have a question for some of our respected long time pumpers.  My pump is a
>507 and was manufactured in April 1996, began wearing it in October 1996.  I
>have never had a problem with it.  It has taken many lickin's and still
>keeps on tickin'!   Do I wait for it to die a natural death before getting
>new one?  Or should I do it now while my full deductible has been met ($1300
>- deductible and out of pocket expenses for Rx).   Anyone have any
>experience with this? ... Any advice is welcome!

I used a MM506 for 62 months before deciding to upgrade to a MM508. The 506
never gave me any trouble even though I exposed it to about 14,000 miles of
bike rides. So natural death of your 507 is probably not imminent. On the
other hand you don't know how sudden or non-sudden the natural death will be
so I don't think I would wait until it happens.