Re: [IP] dizziness

In a message dated 12/4/00 11:54:56 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> Paul,
>   I'm not sure about the dizziness part but I know that when I'm low (I'm
> hypoglycemic.  My son is d.) I get very dizzy/nauseous, shaky.  My son's
> endo
> has told me that the BEST choice of food for mild lows, such as what you
> were
> having (you weren't passed out!) is a carbohydrate like crackers.  Candy
> may
> bring you up but it will also make you drop right back again.  It is like a
> 'spurt' of carb but is very short acting.  You would be much better off
> carrying crackers with you or even glucose tabs but crackers are longer
> lasting.

My CDE told me to always use glucose tabs or something liquid if not tabs
available.  If your basals are right your blood sugar should get up to normal
(she told me to do the 15gm of carb check again in 15 minutes until you're
100) and stay on the right numbers without dropping again.  No extra long
acting snack needed.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000