Re: [IP] re: Carb to Insulin Ratio Fluctuations

> Does this basal profile adjustment theory wash with you guys out there or is
> there simply an underlying resistance that requires and increased amount of
> insulin to cover an a.m. meal?? <<

Dear Janet,

My endo seems to be one of the top in the field and when I initially went
on the pump he said that the average person requires twice as much
insulin per carbo at breakfast than they do at the last meal of the
day.  I have certainly found this to be true!  If I eat the exact thing
at breakfast and dinner, the boluses are different.  Yet if I fast
through breakfast my sugars are stable, thus demonstrating my basal is on
the mark.

hel