[IP] In hospital care of your diabetes

I was in the local hospital and I didn't want the "diabetic meal" that they
were serving, so I told the nurse that I was going to order out. She called
my doctor and he said I Knew how to treat my diabetes better than anyone
there in the hospital. Another time, I was in Hartford Hospital and told the
nurses that I wanted to take my own insulin. They checked with the staff
endo and he said it was OK with him. He just wanted to be kept informed of
what I was doing. He questioned me twice and after explaining why I was
taking a certain dosage....there was no problamo! I guess I am am fortunate
to have doctors like these. They learn alot from me and my experience, as I
learn from them.