Re: [IP] dizziness

In a message dated 12/4/00 8:15:40 PM Mountain Standard Time, email @ redacted

> Candy may
>  bring you up but it will also make you drop right back again.  It is like
>  'spurt' of carb but is very short acting.  You would be much better off
>  carrying crackers with you or even glucose tabs but crackers are longer
>  lasting.

Our standard treatment for a low is check bg, drink 4-6 oz of juice
(substituting milk, regular pop, or glucose tabs if no juice available), wait
10 min. & then recheck bg, followed by a 15g Carb AND protein snack (usually
peanut butter crackers or cheese and crackers) .  .  . seems to work well
with out sending her sky high or bouncing back down again soon after .  .  .