[IP] another question about meters in the cold

i'll be traveling to cincinnati december 14 and will attend a bengals game on
the 17th.   i'm wondering what you suggest to do with my precision xtra
meter.     should i leave it at the hotel and wing it, run back before dinner
to test, or is it safe to put in my pocket, and would it be safe in my purse?
    this is my first experience being outside for hours since starting to
pump and i'm really worried about killing my meter.     help!!!!!!