[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #678

In a message dated 12/4/2000 4:32:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<     I am 21 years old and I have been diabetic for 8
 years. Latley my diabetes control has been really
 poor, my last A1c was 12.2. I have heard so many great
 things about the minimed 508, that I would really like
 to try it out. However my endo. is a little hesitant >>
Hi Sarah, Like me, Im sure everyone on this website will tell you to find
yourself a new endo. Why is it that the diabetes experts are holding their
diabetic patients back from getting the pump?  You will read it here all the
time! All you have to do is read all the posts here and you will quickly
realize that the pump is the only way to go. Ive only been on the pump since
August, 2000 and within a week I knew Id waited about 20 years too long. Do
not give up, and please keep us all posted on your progress. Joan