Re: [IP] Software -- Attn: GEEKS

Yeah really! We have the same deal!!! Ain't it sweet (NOT)?! (Uh
oh, I feel a rant coming on!) Gotta love that the PrecisionLink
cable/software costs about 2X more than the meter itself (we got
our meter free, but still...) And you can only use their software
(which, of course, can't be used without their cable - and you
can't buy just one or the other, it's a package deal), and all
the stored info is absolutely unavailable and therefore useless
to you (except for the last 10 bgs) without the PrecisionLink. No
time/date, no averages, etc. I'm wondering whose bright idea that
was!!! Seems like you ought to be able to access at least *some*
very basic info. Sheesh, even the itty bitty FastTake gives more
info on the display! We have no choice but to use this meter
(unless we want to go broke buying strips for another meter.)
Don't get me wrong, the meter itself has been great thus far and
we've had no problems with it (plus it's been very accurate.) I
just don't like that the PrecisionLink is SO expensive. It
shouldn't take winning the lottery to be able to buy the darn
thing. :) And the funny thing is, by the time we CAN afford it
our insurance will do the old meter switcharoo on us again. LOL!
Oh well!

Dave S. said:
(Now all I need is Medisense to actually RELEASE the Precision
Xtra cabling
and software so I can join the 20th century and DL my blood
sugars.  My
insurance has a sweet deal with Medisense so the strips are cheap

little guy due 3/10/01