Re: [IP] intramuscular shots

Many people mix R and H together when they have problems with
sites not lasting long enough.
As for the shot, since she is mixing H and R, and because of the
possibility of lows later on due to the R (because of its
extended action time as opposed to H), she just *prefers* to
bypass the R in the pump when she coorects for highs by giving a
shot of H by itself...it's not that she *has* to do this. It's
just a personal preference. (I hope I'm making sense!) :)
We mix R and H too but there is such a tiny amount of R (approx
50u R and 250u H or so) that we've experienced no trouble with
going low later when we bolus down a high. We do give injections
when the bg is extremely high and/or when there are ketones

In a message dated 12/04/2000 10:18:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> nathan has cocktail in his pump of humalog and rg. if
> he goes high i give him a shot of humalog because i do
> not want the rg to cause him to go low later if i
> bolus.

Hey there,
 Am i missing something here, Nathan has R in his pump too with
the H?  And
you still have to give him a shot of H on occasion?

little guy due 3/10/01