[IP] Non-working sites

I've been on the pump a little over a year and have had some non- working
sites that have caused high blood sugars and ketones. Mostly, these sites
turned out to be close to blood vessels but they weren't all gushers. I'm
wondering if its possible that this happened when I was on shots--that I
injected very close to a blood vessel and the insulin wasn't effective and
I just didn't know it and that this caused high sugars.