[IP] Saving insulin

 > >(the pump wastes a lot of insulin, especially as a newbie!!!!).
 > I'm a newbie too! I don't waste any insulin. I was taught (unofficially) a
way to use the insulin that remains in the tubing and reservoir when
changing sites. After changing sites, I pull the old resevoir syringe to
draw the insulin from the tubing back into the syringe. I then disconnect
the tubing. I place the needle from the new syringe on the old syringe and
squirt it into my insulin vial. I am extremely careful to maintain the
sterile environment of the needle. This works for me...anyone else practice
Yes, unless the site I'm pumping into looks inflamed or irritated.then I
toss everything. Spot
A Bender, M. D.