[IP] Re: I'm lower than a snake's belly

Just got home from a visit with my endo and CDE.  Been having more site
problems over the last week and have been trying different preps.  It now
seems clearer that the problem is probably an allergy to whatever the
infusion tube is made of.  They're recommending I try a bent needle or
somesuch but my CDE needs to refresh since it's been a long while since she's
worked with needles - not even sure how to get her hands on one to try it
out.  Strange, but the thought of walking around with a needle stuck in my
belly (with no potential to disconnect) seems overwhelming.  Just when my
numbers were beginning to fall into place.  Damn!

I'm determined to stay on the pump and would stick with the sils if I could
be sure this allergy/reaction wouldn't get worse (and potentially lethal as
many allergies can be).  I'll sleep it off tonight and plan to contact MM and
Disetronic (thanks Kim) tomorrow for their ideas and products.  Any old
timers out there who used needles in their old pumps?  Is it as awful as my
fantasies?  Any ideas or knowledge/experience of this nature?  Too stressed
right now to even wiggle my nose.  Jill