From: Jonathan Meersman <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] need some advice

> >(the pump wastes a lot of insulin, especially as a newbie!!!!).
>
> I'm a newbie too! I don't waste any insulin. I was taught (unofficially) a
way to use the insulin that remains in the tubing and reservoir when
changing sites. After changing sites, I pull the old resevoir syringe to
draw the insulin from the tubing back into the syringe. I then disconnect
the tubing. I place the needle from the new syringe on the old syringe and
squirt it into my insulin vial. I am extremely careful to maintain the
sterile environment of the needle. This works for me...anyone else practice
this?