[IP] Re: Sherry's Rescue 911

I work as a paramedic and it's fairly common that when you call 911 they
send the fire department.  In most places where they have this policy,  the
fireman have some training as a first responder so they can do something
before the ambulance or paramedics get there.  This is done because most
fire departments are able to respond more quickly than an ambulance is.  Do
you have glucagon at home?  We carry it in our drug boxes and my endo has
prescribed it for me to take at home in case of emergency.  I know that most
diabetics wouldn't want anything to do with it because it makes them feel
sick,  but maybe that's better than a house full of fireman?  I wouldn't
want them wandering all over my house if I didn't have to.  (Ha Ha to all
the firemen - don't be offended)