Re: [IP] need some advice

Hi Sarah,
I've been pupming for about 4 years now. I am in the US.  First of all
the pump IS NOT a last resort.  As a matter of fact here in US there are
many folks that move directly onto the pump at diagnosis or shortly
there after.  It is THE best (and I think the easiest) way to get the
control, that can help ward off complications down the line.

My first, 'complication' was a site infection. I had done a great
sterile placement, everything looked and felt great.  My mistake was to
have it directly under my belt.  Solution, put my pants on before
placing a new site.  And Sarah, that is about the only thing that has
'gone wrong'.  I live a very active work, and social life, the pump
gives me the freedom to do what I want, when I want.   My highest
prepump A1c was 13.5, my last one was 7.8.  I usually float around 8.0.

Good luck,
DM 16y, DCCT control group, 1 of 3 siblings w/ DM.