[IP] need some advice

Hey everyone,
    I am 21 years old and I have been diabetic for 8
years. Latley my diabetes control has been really
poor, my last A1c was 12.2. I have heard so many great
things about the minimed 508, that I would really like
to try it out. However my endo. is a little hesitant,
she sees it more as a last resort. So I watched the
minimed video and I have been trying to weigh the pros
and cons. However I haven't found many cons, aside
from the cost that my insurance doesn't cover (good
old Canadian health care..) Anyways, what I would like
is for experienced pumpers to write back and tell me
about any complications or inconviences they have
found when they first started on the pump and since.
And PLEASE be honest, there is no one in my area on
the pump, so it would be nice to hear some info from
people with first hand expereince. Thank you in
advance to everyone who writes back.
                                  Confused in

Do You Yahoo!?