[IP] Re: hospital procedures horror stories

In a message dated 12/3/00 6:45:32 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> You may say that you don't want to use your own supplies because insurance
> is
> paying for the stay anyway. WRONG!!! YOU are paying the insurance premium,
> therefore YOU are paying (and way too much, I might add) for the supplies.
> Keep it up and that's where your insurance premium payment will go -- UP.
> Those expensive supplies are also eating into your lifetime cap. I don't
> know
> about y'all, but my policy specifies that, after I use up "X" amount of
> medical dollars in my lifetime, that's it. I'm conserving as many of those
> dollars now as I can: I might need them down the road. Check your policy.

Life time cap on your insurance??  I've never heard of this.
Doesn't seem like they should be able to get away with this.
I'm not understanding how it works I guess.

Faith
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000