Re: [IP] meter lost in the cold-long

> Eve turned the meter on and meter said it was too cold to do a bg.
> She waited and then the meter worked fine, but then it started to
> turn on by it self (was it possessed, we thought). Later on that
> night the screen didn't work and it didn't quite beep the same way.
> Then it wouldn't work at all. Then we pronounced it dead. Cause of
> death "Exposure". :-(  Rest in peace.
>  Good thing we have a spare meter.

I suspect the "death" was caused by condensation inside the meter as
it began to warm up. If you take the batterie out and store it in a
warm dry place for a few days, I suspect it will come to life again
and be fine. Water doesn't hurt most electronics as long as no power
is applied and everything is dried out again. Circuit boards are
commonly "washed" in a thing very similar to a dishwasher.