Re: [IP] Anyone else not record bgs, boluses, etc.??

In a message dated 12/4/00 1:29:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Just wondered if I'm the only rebellious soul who doesn't keep a regular log
> book???
Not by a long shot I would guess! We used to keep meticulous color-coded
records & Melissa's former ped endo would spend a good 30 minutes just poring
through them without saying a word...Then we switched to an adult endo & when
we handed him the books, he shrugged & said "all I need to see is the past
week"...BINGO!...that was the proverbial "get out of jail free" card for
Melissa & her record keeping ever since has dwindled down to nothing- which
is how it's been for the past 2 years or so....SHOULD she be keeping records?
Absolutely...but if I had to choose between detailed record-keeping & the
positive attitude she manifests about having diabetes, I'll bite my tongue &
say nothing, knowing that she does check 6-8 times per day & adjusts
accordingly....She also has the software for her Precision meter & "could"
download it if she were motivated enough to improve her control, but her last
A1C was a 7.1, so I'll bide my time & hope that knowing how good she feels
when her bgs are in range will be sufficient motivation to keep her on track,
even if she has let go of the years of intense record-keeping.....
Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)