Re: [IP] Kap's endo is confusing me and him - Sliding Scale

In a message dated 12/02/2000 8:19:15 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Confused on why she would change with what was working.
 She was worried about passing out with using 1 unit for every 100 above 100.
 Me I am sure he will pass out with 1 per 50 above 150.
 Diabetes is confusing enough, but when it works, leave it alone.
 Thanks for listening to my venting.
 Mom to Kap - age 10 - doing what if correct for him. >>

Remember, you are with Kap 24/7.  You are the one who cares about him, loves
him, encourages him, and has his best interest at heart.  Take the endo's
advice for what it is, just advice.  You and Kap are the most qualified to
make the best decisions regarding insulin rates, timing etc.  Take the good
suggestions from the endo, throw out the crap.  She was way off base this

Jeanie - who still hasn't found a good endo after 20 yrs of DM and 5 yrs