Re: [IP] What info do you track?

Kerri, I track BG's, boluses. carbs (and what made them up) and other
comments that I think the Doc needs.  I do this on an Excel
spreadsheet,  It also contains basal settings for a 24 hour period.  When
you put your BG's in, it automatically plots them on a graph.  If you have
Excel, then let me know off list, and I'll send you a copy

At 03:30 PM 12/3/00 -0800, you wrote:
 >I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Just curious what info
 >(aside from the standard bgs and boluses) everyone tracks and
 >sends to their endos when you send bgs? What info do you feel is
 >the *most* helpful info to have for your control?
 >This is what I typically include (I try to be consistent and send
 >bgs about 1x a month unless there is a problem. I have to do all
 >of this by hand with calculator firmly attached because I could
 >never afford the software/cable for the Precision QID and *now* I
 >hear our insurance may be changing meters - to the FreeStyle -
 >soon. And yes, I know there are programs out there that will
 >calculate the info for you but you still have to input all the
 >info. I don't mind doing this as I like to have the info.):
 >*bgs and boluses (of course! I used to send carb info but don't
 >anymore as that is typically something that he doesn't look at
 >*current basal rates and total daily basal
 >*total daily insulin (current total daily basal + ave total daily
 >bolus) with X% as basal and X% as bolus
 >*daily u/kg (ie: currently .67u/kg/d)
 >*current carb/insulin ratio, insulin sensitivity (point drop)
 >factor and bg/carb ratio (this stuff doesn't usually change by
 >*total daily bolus by day (usually about 5 days)
 >*ave total daily bolus
 >*ave bolus by time of day (up to 11 time spots)
 >*ave bg and % of bgs in range-by day (usually about 5 days, goal
 >is 50% in range: 80-180)
 >*ave bg and % of bgs in range for past # of days (usually about 5
 >days, goal is 50% in range: 80-180)
 >*ave bg and % of bgs in range for past 30 days (goal is 50% in
 >range: 80-180)
 >*ave bg by time of day (up to 11 time spots)
 >Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children) & the
 >little guy due 3/10/01
 >"There is a special magic and holiness about the girl and woman.
 >They are the bringers of life to the people, and the teachers of
 >the little children." - Sweet Medicine, Cheyenne

mail to :  email @ redacted
ICQ# 11896094