[IP] Re: Hospital Procedures

Most managers I work with in a hospital would rather receive suggestions from
the clients (patients) themselves than have it sent down to them from
Administration.  From what I've experienced and read in this list, the DR's
don't even know about advances in Diabetic treatment and pump therapy, so you
know that they are not talking to the Dietary Staff.   Some insider
suggestions on proper/ effective response;

1) a letter to the Director of Food Services or Dietary at the Hospital
2) if the institution has a Diabetic Clinic or Wound Center, a letter to them.
3) if you get a satisfaction survey from the institution (Sometimes known as
a Press-Gainey although there are other companies performing this service) -
circle the proper answer and request someone call you.- do this in the
dietary section - Leave a number in this section not elsewhere on the form
because the whole form is not forwarded to the department manager, just that
4) If you really feel you want to correct the problem, contact the state
association of Dietitians or Food Service Managers and ask them about their
educational sessions at their meetings - Offer, with whoever taught you carb
counting, to provide a session so they can bring their portion of Healthcare
into the current century.

Email me off-list for some other ideas. - Bob