[IP] Re: Clone that doc

We are in WA state. He is at Madigan Army Medical Center in
Tacoma (we're in Bremerton, about 45mins-1hr away, but he comes
here to see us every few months.) He is so humble he doesn't even
realize he's the world's greatest peds endo! :)

Too bad you can't clone "bedside manner." He seems to have struck
just the right balance - he has a lot of authority as the dr, of
course, yet you feel like you are a TEAM (meaning he doesn't tell
you what to do and expect you to do everything he says because
he's the dr and he said so, and whatever he says goes. He'll
propose a suggestion/change and say, "What do *you* think about
that?" or "What are *your* thoughts on that?" He always says he
doesn't want us to be uncomfortable with anything he suggests so
our input is always welcome.) Our endo is one of the main reasons
we asked to remain in this area when hubby was getting ready to
rotate to another duty station. Thank goodness they let us (and
we've been with him since dx 4yrs ago)! We're going to stay here
as long as we possibly can (hopefully until my daughter is no
longer eligible for peds care - hehe!) I hope he rubs off on
other docs. He is simply the best!

(And yes, Michael, I added him to the Drs referral page so that
any military peds patients coming into this area and interested
in pumping will know that he and his colleague are there and
willing to do it.) :)

Jill said:
Kerri - where are you and how do we clone this guy.  Hope he
talks to MANY of his peers and rubs off on them. Jill T

little guy due 3/10/01