Re: [IP] Re: Itchy sites

email @ redacted wrote:

>  Understand itchies are not a common problem but, boy, when you have them,
> it's hard.

Just to let you know you're not the only one!!!

I had quite a time in the beginning -- I was using Sofsets, and turned
out I was allergic to the plastic they make them out of, the IV3000, the
OTHER adhesive they put in the package, Polyskin, Tegaderm, and Tegaderm
HP.  Barrier wipes didn't help, either. So far, the ONLY tape I've found
that I'm not allergic to is Hypafix, which is a paper tape, and had the
disadvantage of not being transparent. The Sils are made of Hypafix,
with the little round window so you can see the site.

Only problem with THAT is that there is a small hole where the tube
penetrates the plastic, and I invariably get an infection through that
hole. And I can't lay down a barrier of any other tape except Hypafix,
and the Sil won't stick to Hypafix worth beans!

So what I finally figured out was to cover the non-detachable half of
the Sil with Tegaderm, and TRIM it to the shape so that none of it
touches my skin. When I do this, I don't get infections, and don't get
allergic reactions, either.

For a while there, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pump -- I'm really
glad I found something that works.
 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted