[IP] palm pilot

I don't know much about these little gadgets. I did look at a few yesterday
but am a little confused as how to use them. I keep reading about some of you
using them to download information from your meters. Is there a standard
software for all meters? I am terrible about keeping track of my bg's and
carbs on paper it seems I never have enough time to do it and when I find the
time I am just too tired to. I am looking at other options to help me and
this seems like it could be helpful but I don't want to invest a lot of money
into something that is not user friendly or is inconvenient.
If anyone could give me some more insight into this it would be greatly
I currently use an accuchek complete but sometimes use a glucometer elite
(rare occasion).