[IP] Re: Itchy sites

Sara - Itchy sites is a problem I've been dealing with since I started the
pump 2 months ago.  Initially it was severe enough so I took a 3 week hiatus
to give my belly time to heal and to test various products to see what I was
reacting to.  Found I was very reactive/allergic to IV Prep (found this is a
not uncommon problem) and to the Polyskin, Tegaderm and IV 3000 tapes.  Now
using Bard prep and Silhouettes - not perfect but better.  I find that some
sites still react and I change them every 36 (seems to be the time for me to
begin to react) and 48 hours.  Sometimes I can make it to 72 hours.  To treat
the itchy sites I use Calmospetine (available without prescription at Wal
Mart though they may have to order it - it helps soothe and heal).  I've also
tried ice packs and a cream with Aloe and Benadryl for more temporary relief.
 Understand itchies are not a common problem but, boy, when you have them,
it's hard.  Let me know if this helps.  Jill T