Re: [IP] Kap's endo is confusing me and him - Sliding Scale

Dear Kap's Mom,
You illuminate yet another example of doctors not knowing as much as the
patient/patient's mom.  After having a couple of experiences like the one you
just described, I just won't follow an endo's recommendation if it doesn't
make sense. If it is important enough, I will tell the endo that I am not
going to go with his recommendation.  Otherwise, I just do what I want and
nobody seems to notice anyway.  It helps when your kid gets old enough to act
as a partner with you on this. My daughter is 14, and a couple of times we
have heard things in a doctor's office and have just looked at each other and
simultaneously said "No way".  Your doc is going on theory, not the reality
of Kap's body and what you know to be true.  It also doesn't surprise me that
the basketball activity, by itself, is not enough to cover an entire
sandwich. I know my daughter would have required a bolus after a large snack
and before a game.  Maybe a smaller bolus, but still a bolus.  So go back to
what works, and just tell the doc that her recommendation sucked!!