Re: [IP] laser blood glucose devices

In a message dated 12/2/00 12:34:40 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> do you know who makes it?

You can check out the Freestyle monitors at www.therasense.com
My 9 year old thinks her "pokes" hurt A LOT more than her shots and is really
excited to test it out (we just picked one up at our pharmacy).  Their lancet
does not hurt ("ZERO pain") according to Katie & you truly can barely feel it
(I tried it too).  Plus, the monitor needs a much smaller blood sample.  Oh,
and you can use their lancet on your forearm (fewer nerve endings) or on your
fingers if you want to.  We're going to use it in parallel for a few days,
just to compare it to our faithful Accucheck . . .  I'll post our assessment
when we're done.