RE: [IP] laser blood glucose devices

i found it- anyone interested its at www.therasense.com  this is not laser-
but it really requires very little blood(.3ul) compared to what i use the
dex by bayer which requires 3(not .3)ul!  and i thought the dex required
very little!  thanks for the info!
Roni

Roni,

  There is also another new meter on the market called FreeStyle.  This
meter
can test anywhere on the body, including the forearms, thighs as well as
finger.  It requires about a pin-top size spot of blood and the results take
anywhere from 5 secs - 30 depending on how high you are.  Our endo and his
partner are SOOOO excited about this meter they are getting free samples and
getting them to their youngest patients, as low as 18 months!  The cost of
the meter is VERY comparable to other meters(they currently offer a rebate
which leaves about $25.00 left on the cost), the strips are actually on the
LOW side of cost, it has a 250 BG memory and down-load capabilities, it was
virtually pain free when my son had it tested on him at a recent Diabetes
Fair here in our community.  We are getting ours later this month.  Can't
wait to start to spare his little fingers (will turn 9 later this month)
You
might want to check this one out!!!

sylvia
mom to Joshua