From: Sherry Compton <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 11:39 AM
Subject: [IP] VENTING

> I think I am going to explode.  I don't have red hair for nothing!  If I
didn't need the money, I would walk out of my job right now.
> I'm trying to calm down so that my blood pressure doesn't sky rocket, but
it's hard. I work as an office assistant in the School of Journalism and
Broadcasting at Western Kentucky University.  The other secretary who did
all of the billing and budgeting recently quit.  I am buried in bills I
don't know how to pay from dozens of different types of accounts that
require different types of forms signed by different people. The purchasing
department
> keeps calling me with problems I don't know how to solve, the faculty
keeps dumping requests for travel reimbursement on me that they have saved
up for months, and I can't even figure out the correct way to pay for $10
worth of batteries we bought a week ago!  One elderly professor keeps
wanting to know when I am going to type his ten page final from his hand
written notes, I am solely responsible for planning and setting up a
Christmas luncheon very
> soon, I'm weeks behind on filing, and I can't seem to get any of the
student workers to understand that I need a timesheet in order to get them a
paycheck.
>     We interviewed for a replacement for the lady that quit, but are now
waiting on "permission to offer the position" which could take weeks while
the EEOC board looks at who we interviewed.   My blood sugar keeps dropping
so I keep eating and my hormones are going crazy.  I feel like crying one
minute, and screaming the next. PLEASE GOD, LET CHRISTMAS BREAK COME SOON.