Re: [IP] Itching Site and Bubbles

I'm new at pumping but so far no trouble with bubbles.  I do take a veyr
long time to fill the cartridge though - mostly spent getting rid of
bubbles.  I add about 10% extra air to the vial (with an "air-only"
syringe) prior to filling the cartridge.  The extra presure seems to force
more insulin and less air into the cartridge when w/d insulin.  Also, as
pointed out on this list i take the insulin out of the fridge at least 24
hours prior to filling.  one more thing i do is a large prime - usually
20-30 units whiole elevating the tubing above the pump (set the pump on the
floor and hold tubing vertical).  So far these things, patience and a few
four letter words seem to work.

Also see:  http://barbchafe.tripod.com/InsulinPumps/  and look under
"Bubble Busters".

Can't help with teh itchy site :(

All the best of luck.

>My site gets really itchy after a couple of days.  What can I do to stop
>this.  Also I notice that I have bubbles in my reservoir after a day or two
>that weren't there or at least I didn't see when I started it.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 8 days thanks to the support of a lot of wonderful internet
of MDI!