Re: [IP] Re: what's a Bleeder?

On 2 Dec 2000, at 0:46, George Lovelace wrote:

> > Thanks for the great explanations, Pixie!!! . . . one more question .
> > . . What's a bleeder?  I have an idea, but wonder what that really
> > means for you (How much blood?  Are we talking oozing or spurting or
> > what?)?
> To me a bleeder is when you pull a teflon catheter out and then
> notice that blood is rolling down your belly.  Then if you are really
> quick, you grab a paper towel and start moping it up.  Then you get
> another towel, and another, and another, and another....    I haven't
> actually experienced a squirter.  Didn't you have one Sara SP?

I haven't had a bleeder yet.  But every time I remove a set, insulin
oozes out of the hole.  I try to put my finger over it fast so that I
don't get a high later.  Usually do anyway though and I'm too
nervous to give myself a bolus when the new one is in.

I think I saw someone mention how they leave the old set in for
awhile after connecting to a new one.  I wonder if that oozing is the