Re: [IP] Picking an insulin pump

When I was deciding on a pump I did what everyone else does.  I
got the literature and videos, I listened to what the reps had to say
about their products.  I did a bit of reading on the internet, in news
groups and then I found this group.  I listened and lurked in the
background for quite awhile, then I started asking folks what their
opinions of the different pumps were.  I was lucky to ask a very fair
minded and logical person who said  "Find out for yourself"   You
see it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.  This is going to be
a part of you so you need to make up your own mind.

Try the pumps.  Try each one in the best way you can.  Get a
loaner and run it with saline, pretending that it is insulin.  Then you
will know just what it is like to operate that pump.  Then you will
learn just what is important and not so important to you.  Then you
will be able to "Find out for yourself"