[IP] Softserter?

In a message dated 12/1/00 12:37:20 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I use the softset QR because I need
>  the softserter.  I never gave myself shots in the stomach in 14 years of
>  so I think this is a good tool for those of us who are a little tummy

Could somebody explain to me how the Softserter works . . .  also, is this
the only device that does insertions, or does each manufacturer have their
own version?  Can you only use one certain infusion set or can it be used
with various different sets?  and, finally, (i think), can you use the
Softserter even if you're not using a MM pump???

Thanks again!