[IP] Food Attitudes

 SNIP>>>>>Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:07:27 -0800
From: "wombn" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IP]square waving and dual waving

 You said: I sure wish I could follow a more rigid plan, but in the 20 years

since I left my mom, I've not been able to follow any kind of
consistency regarding food.

I hate food.  I hate cooking.  I hate grocery shopping.  I hate
cleaning up..... I hate *eating*.  No, I don't have an eating disorder,
but I've always hated every aspect of it.  I'm lucky to just be able to
eat at least once a day.  It kinda sucks.>>>>>>SNIP

Dear Wombn,

I am so curious as to how you emerged with your attitude.  (Sorry, the
Psychology degree still comes out sometime). I am very envious of your
attitude about food.

I am a true carbohydrate addict and  how I wish I had your attitude. Mine is
exactly opposite.   What was your childhood like about food that created
this attitude?

Being overweight all my life, and growing up with the "clean you plate,
starving children in China" stuff AND a mother who went to all the stores in
town (3) and told them not to sell me any cokes and candy 'cause I was too
chunky, my attitude is that I love food, love cooking, love eating, and
sometimes I know my eating comes from a  rebellious place in me.

 I made every effort to avoid letting food be an issue with my own kids.
Pretty much let them eat what they wanted, but always had good stuff to
snack on, carrots, raisins, no "junk food".   They are now 36 and 37 and
have a pretty healthy attitude.  Although, they do love food as well.  But
they keep healthy bodies.

Bonnie Richardson
Huntsville, AL