Re: Re: [IP] Re: square waving and dual waving

In a message dated 12/1/2000 12:23:34 AM, email @ redacted writes:

>Chinese doesn'y make sense to me . . . Can someone explain why
>Chinese falls in the delayed highs category?
I took a Chinese cooking course once and I know all the marinades and sauces
are loaded with sugar. They use rice wine in the marinades, and sprinkle it
on the food. They also use corn starch for thickening. American Chinese uses
lots of meat and they don't necessarily trim the fat off. They also use
chicken broth instead of water to steam veggies. Those little crispy noodles
that you dip in the duck sauce are fried.
Chinese has alot of hidden calories, but it sure tastes good.

Susan M