Re: [IP] Question about boluses

I have been Type 1 for 38 years with gastroparesis first diagnosed in 1985
and pumping for less than a week. I seem to get my best bg numbers when I
bolus 20 minutes +/- after a meal. As for the pump, it has already smoothed
out my "shot gun pattern" bg readings and I can keep them in the 90 - 200
range. First goal met, will start on 90 - 150, have run 20 - 600 in the past.

At 08:43 PM 12/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm not on a pump yet, still working on it, but I have a question I've been
>wondering about.  If you figure the carbs for your meal, when do you press
>the pump button to bolus?  Before the meal, during the meal or after the
>meal?  And what if you decide later (at the end of the meal) that you want a
>dessert, can you bolus again if you've already done it?  How long does it
>take the pump to deliver a meal bolus?  Thanks much, love this list, and
>everyone have a very happy and safe New Year Millennium!  :)
>Type 1 for 37 years, still hoping to be pumping soon... *sigh*

Jim Holman