[IP] Re: site question

Hey, Erinn, just want to respond to your site question.  Katie and I were
told to move her site to the other side of her navel each time she does a
new insertion.  That way, like you said, the old site has some time to
God Bless,
Debbie, Mom of Katie, 9, dx'd 9/97
MiniMed pumper since 8/2/99 (youngest kid in Alaska...so far!)

i hope this question doesn't seem too silly...but, here it is: when i
change my sites, i'm supposed to move an inch from the last one. well,
when i take an old site out, i bleed slightly, and a little insulin
comes out. it seems weird to me to put in a new site, and cover it with
tape, because that tape covers up the old site too. shouldn't the old
site be getting some air, since it is obviously a wound that needs to
heal? just curious on any opinions out there.
Erinn (D 15 years, pumping 1 week 4 days)