[IP] Question about boluses

I'm not on a pump yet, still working on it, but I have a question I've been
wondering about.  If you figure the carbs for your meal, when do you press
the pump button to bolus?  Before the meal, during the meal or after the
meal?  And what if you decide later (at the end of the meal) that you want a
dessert, can you bolus again if you've already done it?  How long does it
take the pump to deliver a meal bolus?  Thanks much, love this list, and
everyone have a very happy and safe New Year Millennium!  :)

Type 1 for 37 years, still hoping to be pumping soon... *sigh*