Re: [IP] problems with relations (inlaws)

In a message dated 12/28/1999 6:13:38 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< How can Eve or I tactfully tell her to back off? >>

I think the time for "tactfully" is over.  I've had the same problem with
mine for 20 years.  Since they're out-of-state and I only see them at holiday
times they "forget" what my "rules" are.  I've gotten rather pushy the last
several years since pumping.  Basically, don't tell me what to eat and I
won't tell you what to eat . . . you are a little plump you know Auntie, and
Uncle did have that by-pass last summer.  Then we agree that the subject is
taboo and call a truce.

Worked a little too well this year, my neice gave me a plate full of homemade
fudge. She was so proud of herself to remember it was my favorite and I could
eat "anything" on my pump now.  Didn't have the heart to tell her I've been
dieting and exercising in earnest this year and had no desire to eat it!

Oh well, we all have our disfunctional side of the family,