[IP] site question

i hope this question doesn't seem too silly...but, here it is:
when i change my sites, i'm supposed to move an inch from the last one.
well, when i take an old site out, i bleed slightly, and a little insulin
comes out. it seems weird to me to put in a new site, and cover it with
tape, because that tape covers up the old site too. shouldn't the old site
be getting some air, since it is obviously a wound that needs to heal? just
curious on any opinions out there.

Erinn (D 15 years, pumping 1 week 4 days)