[IP] signatures for petitioon

Enjoyed reading the newspaper article about Deb's son Stephen's and his
participation in the petition for a Cure. My efforts were also the
subject of a local newspaper article and I received a fair amount of
the editor and this time I probably added four times the names the
original article obtained.

In the letter I mentioned that time was running out to add names, I
included the petition verbiage, the fact that names could be added by
phone and email (included my home phone number and email address) and I
also took the opportunity to thank those who had already signed the
petition at local businesses, church's and as a result of the earlier
newspaper article. I ended by noting that a cure is possible if research
funding is available!

There is still a small window of time for you to collect names for the
petition. Write your newspaper editor. You can get copies of the
petition form and the address to send the names you gather at
www.diabetes.org/advocacy/petition  Names must be at the American
Diabetes Association in Washington by January 15 so if you can, act now!