Re: [IP] problems with relations (inlaws)

> How can Eve or I tactfully tell her to back off?

I don't know if this will work for you, but my mother is very (or should I say
was) similar to your problem relative.  After many failed attempts of trying to
explain the same principle to her, I finally had my dietician send her a copy of
the ADA's newest exchange booklet, which contains a page of "sweets".  She
hasn't made one comment since :)  Hopefully this works for you