[IP] Sore Fingers - Black Marks

Some doctor somewhere, I believe it was in Diabetes Forecast, a number
of months ago dealt with this problem.  He said that the black marks are
caused by bleeding that continues after the stick.  People don't hold
the kleenex (or whatever) to the spot long enough, and it recommences
bleeding.  The recommendation was to hold the kleenex there for at least
30 seconds, then watch to see whether blood surfaces there.  (If it
does, then hold it longer.)

Since I read this, I no longer have black spots (unless I'm impatient or
in a hurry). Like you guys, I used to have them all the time, on every