[IP] Re: problems with relations (inlaws)

Deborah:  Some people, huh?!  Seems the only way to get some people to
stop "helping" (or in your case, tattling) is for you to come right out
and say in a nice, kind, loving way with a BIG smile (or, after a few
DOZEN times, your most serious mommy voice and with an unwavering stare)
"I am the mom.  Leave Eve alone." over and over until MAYBE she gets the
message.  And Eve can use the same tactics (probably doesn't have that
"mommy voice" yet but I bet she can come up with a terrific "teen voice")
saying "I know what I'm doing.  Leave me alone."  I still have
friends/family who do the same thing.  They don't listen to Katie, but
I'm making progress!  :~)  Good luck on New Years.
God Bless,
Debbie, Mom of Katie, 9, dx'd 9/97
MiniMed pumper since 8/2/99 (youngest kid in Alaska...so far!)

At family events we are having increasing problems with my
long time girl friend (12 year common law wife). She keeps on telling Eve
that she should not eat some things.  How can Eve or I tactfully tell her
to back off?