Re: [IP] Sore fingers

The only real way to avoid the sore fingers and black marks is to stop
testing so often.  NOT A GOOD SOLUTION!!!  Until we have non-invasive
testing, we will just have to live with it.  But I read a suggestion
from an endo in a newsletter sometime in the past year that the bruising
and black marks can be minimized by keeping pressure on the pricked site
for a minute or two after you load up the test strip.  I have done this
and it does seem to help some, but it does not eliminate the problem.

I know a lot of people use all of their fingers and thumbs, but I just
use the middle finger of my left hand (I am right-handed), utilizing the
sides.  My first endo 37 years ago suggested doing this as I would build
up a callus that would not be as sensitive to the continual pricks from
the lancets.  Seems to have worked okay for me but as so often is said
here, YMMV.

Bob Goodman
SF Bay Area