[IP] comments

I'm going to celebrate LIFE on 11/4/00 - and Joslin and Lilly think it
significant enough to recognize life after 25, 50, and 75 years. To look

down on those who do mark the occasion makes you right and them wrong.
each his own. Living this *lifestyle* for 5 looong decades is a
occasion. For those who want to mark the first anniversary - or 5th - or

whatever, that's their right -- you do not have to participate. I'm
having a
*bash,* though, and you're invited.
Happy New Year - as healthy as anyone can be.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)

Hey Jan,

Easy does it.  I feel that we are writing about the same thing
here...and even more importantly am certainly not pointing my nose down
on anyone's personal dealings with their diabetes.  This group is a
sounding board and one where I have felt comfortable enough to share
some the rough times that we all come up against in our everyday lives.
I stated that I felt differently and still do.  I am raising a special
needs child who will look back on his early years and tell you all of
the things that made it bright and memorable and by the way...he had
diabetes, too. He will grow up with a positive attitude and understand
his situation to the best of his abilities.  He will continue to watch
his family raise money year after year until he no longer has to deal
diabetes another day. And yes Jan, that will be another reason to

I want to participate in any celebration you are having because that is
what I focus on too. I too want to celebrate life..I just don't want  to
commemorate what makes it hard for me.

Thanks again for listening.