Re: [IP] pregnancy

I couldn't find the original message to this string, but I thought I would
add in my .02 worth!

I just gave birth to my first child -- she was born on December 10 and was 7
lbs. 8 oz. and in perfect health.  I couldn't have asked for a more
wonderful Christmas present!

During my pregnancy, my insulin requirements increased a tremendous amount.
I had two different basal rates - one for 1 unit and the other 1.2 and my
insulin to carb ratio was 1 unit to every 4 grams of carb plus 1 or 2 extra
units on top of that.  I was averaging about 110 units daily.  After my
delivery, my insulin ratios went back to their "normal" pre-pregnancy rates
within a day -- .7 basal and 1 unit/15 grams of carb.  What I'm finding
post-pregnancy is that my blood sugars have a tendency to go a bit low while
I'm breast feeding, so I need a small snack just before the baby eats.  My
blood sugars were very controlled during my pregnancy, generally averaging
around 85.

If I can answer any other questions, please feel free to let me know.  All
of the diabetic pregnancy regimen is very fresh in my mind :>)

Best Regards,
Andry Kennedy
Roswell, GA
Type 1 - 26 years